Makes: ± 30 small puffs
Time to make: 20 mins (10 prep + 10 bake)
|– 1 cup plain flour|
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 1 pinch paprika
– 20 ml vegetable oil
– 1 apple (peeled and grated)
– 1/2 cup water
– 1 ½ cups grated vegan cheese
|1. Heat oven to 450°F / 230°C|
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, paprika
3. Rub the oil into the flour until crumbly
4. Add the grated cheese
5. Pour the grated apple into a mug with the water and microwave for 2 mins.
6. Mix everything together with a fork
7. Put spoonfuls into greased / lined / silicone mini-muffin tray
8. Bake at 450°F or 230°C for about 10 mins, gently spoon loose from the trays and cool upside down on a rack.
|– Mixing bowl|
– Muffin tray
– Cooling rack
|* You can also use self-raising flour instead of plain flour, adding just ½ tsp baking powder to the self-raising|
* Jazz it up with a bit of spinach or your favourite seeds – just mix into the batter before spooning into the muffin trays.