In the busy festive season it’s easy to get swept up in deadlines, work, school, rehearsals, performances, shopping, family dramas. But taking a breath to think about sharing our blessings can turn an awful year into something a bit brighter – for everyone concerned.
There are lots of worthy causes – so many who need help. It can be overwhelming and leave you doing nothing because you can’t choose where to give. If that’s the case, you might consider the following:
- Local homeless shelters / refuges like Homeless Connect
- Grandparents Rearing Grandchildren
- SOS Children’s Villages
- Perth Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Native Arc wildlife rescue centre
- Red Cross
If you don’t have money to spare, then consider donating some time – an hour or two, or your skills. You could cook, sing, play music, offer help or admin for a few hours to:
- Christmas parties for children’s homes
- Aged-care facilities
- One.org – they just need your voice!
- your local place of worship
There are people doing it tough all around the world, so wherever you find yourself at the moment, in isolation or roaming about, with family or alone, please do something for those who need help – even if it is tiny.
It could make a big difference to them and to you.