Makes: 6-8 flatbreads
Time to make: 5 prep, 10 resting, 5 actual cooking
This bread is quick, easy and a great addition to a meal where you want a little something for dipping, scooping or wrapping.
|– 225g wholemeal flour|
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 100ml warm water. (Additional water if needed
– Splash of oil to brush them with
|1. Mix the ingredients together in a bowl|
2. Add additional water until it is a firm dough, but not sticky.
3. Knead it for 5 minutes, using a ‘stretch and fold’ technique. Push the dough away from you with the heel of your hand, then fold it back into the middle and repeat over and over.
4. Rest the dough for 10 mins.
5. Tear or cut the dough into 8 portions and roll them into balls.
6. Flour your surface and roll them out until they are about 15cm wide (they will be quite stretchy).
7. Heat a dry pan until very hot.
8. Cook individually: place the bread in the hot pan, and after about 20-30 seconds, when bubbles appear, turn over and cook the other side for 30 seconds.
9. Brush with oil while still hot
|– Bowl for mixing|
– Rolling pin
– Pan for cooking on stovetop
|* These can be frozen|
– Wholemeal flour