Makes ± 24 biscuits
Time to make: 10 mins prep + 15 mins cook
Great for snacking or when guests pop in for a cuppa.
|– 80g coconut oil|
– ½ cup brown sugar
– ½ tsp vanilla (ground or essence)
– ½ tsp finely chopped lemon rind
– ½ cup peanut butter
– 1 tsp bicarb
– 1 pinch of salt (leave out if peanut butter is salted)
– ½ cup oats
– 1 cup plain flour
|1. Preheat oven to 190 °C|
2. Blend coconut oil, sugar, vanilla, rind and peanut butter
3. Add bicarb, salt, oats and flour combining well to form a light dough
5. Roll small, firm balls of the dough in your hand (± a teaspoon’s worth)
6. Use a fork to press a criss-cross pattern on the balls and flatten them a bit.
7. Bake on a lined tray for 10-15 mins.
|– mixing spoon |
– lined baking tray
|* cool on the tray, as they need to firm up first, before being lifted.|
* If you choose to leave out the oats, add another half cup of plain flour.
bicarbonate of soda