At the end of this challenging year I am taking a moment to be less grumpy and more grateful. I don’t acknowledge my blessings nearly often enough, much less pay them forward as much as I should – that is what I am going to work on from now on.
I am very grateful for:
- The health of my loved ones.
- My life and all the joy and incredible opportunities and freedoms I have been given.
- My children, who heap blessings of love, affection and amazement on every single day. (Also their challenges which remind me I’m vulnerable, tenacious, capable, still learning and lucky to be sane some days).
- Freedom – it is not lost on me how much of a gift this truly is.
- My family, immediate and extended, who love me and accept my path, even if they don’t agree with it.
- My friends on many continents – some of whom I’ve known for over 40 years and some of whom are very new to my world.
- My faith in God and the universe of love.
- Creativity in all its manifestations in my life.
- Experiences, good and bad, all of which have shaped me.
- The Goth scene and those key players in my life who brought it out in me.
- Memories, the good kind.
- Self belief.
- Sparkling wine.